Quote:
Either you have huge sheets or the capacity is pretty small.

I have a king size bed. It's not impossible to wash the entire sheet set in the machine. They will physically fit. However, since it's such a large piece of fabric, it can get twisted or bundled up in areas during the wash and/or dry cycle. This causes some areas to get very dry while others stay pretty wet during the dry cycle. Since I started washing the two sheets separately, this hasn't happened.

Quote:
It doesn't matter how efficient the machine is on a single wash if I have to do several additional washes per week.

Efficiency doesn't have anything to do with my purchase. I'm operating a washer/dryer in a space that's not allowed to have one. The machine is physically small enough to fit under my kitchen counter and doesn't vent to the outside. If I could get away with a stacked laundry unit or full-size separates, I would prefer that.

Quote:
By the numbers, capacity wise, how does it compare with other front loader and the typical space saving stacked toploader washer dryer combo?

The capacity for washing is large for the amount of room the machine takes up. It's not as spacious as my mom's big Maytag, but you would be surprised how much you can fit in the Fagor. Sorry I don't know the exact specs, but I'm sure they're available online.

Drying is another matter. The drying capacity is roughly half the washing capacity. Rather than wash a full load, then remove half of it to dry, I just put in less clothes in the first place. So, I probably run a full cycle on the Fagor twice as often as I would if I had full-size separates.