Originally Posted By: gbeer
I have this jabra extreme2 it's good but for one unforgivable flaw. With this in one ear, turning that ear to the rear tends to produce dropouts. This with the source gadget in the shirt pocket. Sorry but a drop at less than about 18" just don't cut it.

Sadly that's not unusual for bluetooth headsets (in my experience, at least - but I'm the bluetooth hater around here). I'm not saying it happens to all of them, but depending on your environment and where everything is in relation to your body mass, if that signal has to go through your body it's going to have a hard time with many bluetooth devices.

I've gone through four different bluetooth headphones for wearing when I go out walking/jogging or on the treadmill. They've all been disasters. With the phone in my right pocket I'd only have signal about half the time, cutting out about every two seconds. It was maddening. If the phone was in my left pocket I wouldn't get anything. In my shirt pocket I'd get about 75% connection but it still sucked. So the first four headsets I tried (all of which had the bluetooth receiver in the right ear) got returned or sold.

Then I got the fifth set. I freaking love these Jaybird JF3's. I'm still getting used to the whole thing with them going in my ear canal, which I've never really liked, but everything else about them is pretty darn great:

-Good battery
-Great sound
-Very durable (and warrantied for sweat damage)
-Stays on my ears (with the included loops)
-Playback/volume controls
-and finally, they keep their connection!

When I have my phone in my right pocket, I get no drop out.