I don't know. Maybe I should use it a couple of more days before making up my mind.
Another thing I hate about it, is it doesn't seem to be as precise as the MX1000 was. But that may have to do something with the fact that I don't use a mouse mat. I haven't used one for years, didn't need it with the MX1000. The Performance MX does show the symptoms of a mouse not being about to pinpoint its position exactly. Which is odd, because it does use that Darkfield laser technology which, in theory, should make it even better than the laser in the MX1000. Except that it doesn't. Meh. So you use a mouse mat with your Performance MX?

To be honest, I'm not really sure at all which other brand to choose. I've always used Logitech, but it seems their range of normally sized mice has become rather limited. I've also looked at Razer. I like the Razer Mamba. It's actually got the best shape I can imagine for a mouse. It's expensive though. And its battery life is said to be horrendous (a few hours)... which has even made me consider corded mice again, like the Razer DeathAdder...