Originally Posted By: sein
HDMI-CEC works well with XBMC, I've been using the Pulse-Eight USB HDMI-CEC gadget to get this working on my Acer Revo. It is a little expensive, but it really does mean I can control *everything* with my TV remote. sn00p, how responsive is your HDMI-CEC setup on the Pi? Mine has a bit of lag but I can't figure out if it is the Sony TV, the Pulse Eight gadget, or something software related.

There's a little bit of lag, but no less than using the LG Plex client that's built into the TV.

I installed raspbmc onto a USB stick, so the OS is running from that it's definately quicker and less laggy than running it from SD. I know that things can be further speeded up by enabling turbo mode, but I didn't have the time to fiddle and it just made the thing reboot randomly.

I wasn't convinced about using the Pi as a media centre in the early days....I'm much more convinced now, it's pretty good (if your TV supports CEC or you have some other IR setup).

I can't say specifically about whether CEC lags, I don't have another remote control or USB keyboard in which to use the GUI on it, but it's perfectly usable - not apple tv fluid, but it's prettier.