Originally Posted By: mlord
Were this board to close, I'd be heartbroken. No doubt about it. And I do lack the expertise to take it on in your place.
Originally Posted By: Daria
My first inclination was to volunteer.
Originally Posted By: petteri
I don't post all that often, but I certainly follow the discussions here. This really is a nice little corner of the Internet.....
Originally Posted By: StigOE
I also think it would be a very sad day if this forum was shut down.
Originally Posted By: julf
Likewise! I don't post much these days, but still check the forum daily - and rely on it for help in case I run into issues with my 4 empegs and 7 rio receivers still in use...
Originally Posted By: Phoenix42
Thanks for all your work over the years in hosting this forum. I very much appricate this little corner of the internet, and will morn its passing when that comes, which hopefully will not be for some time.
Originally Posted By: tfabris
If EmpegBBS went away, I would probably cry more than when either of my parents died.
Originally Posted By: JBjorgen
I too still check the BBS a couple times a week and often search for some obscure topic that I know has been discussed here before to get answers to questions I have.
Originally Posted By: Dignan
Still, it would be nice to hang on to it for as long as we can!

Last night my post was written while being under the negative effects of my stress. That stress is leading me to look to shed anything I can to reduce what I need to deal with day to day. A discussion tonight about one of the top stressors may help.

This community matters enough to me that I want to find a path to keep it going. And I appreciate the discussion here so far. Right now, Andy's offer to host the site may be a path I consider, but its also tied up in what I decide to do with the mail server I run. Much of why this site is still hosted by me is the fact that is is relatively light weight, and the out of pocket expense has been justifiable. Especially after supporting this community enabled me to meet several of you in person during my motorcycle adventure 2 years ago.

I do want to reassure people I'm taking this very seriously, and understand the extent that people value this site. Backups are performed daily of the core database, and every few hours the entire server is also backed up.

Again thank you for the kind words and statements showing how much this place means to each one of you.