It's OK, I have already ordered a test model from Shapeways which should handle it all correctly, I expect it to work well, and if so, I will publish the model as well as post its source Blender file.

The button tops are, in almost every case, 0.5mm narrower at the top than at the bottom. The button holes are the same way. This made it relatively easy in the modeling: Take the hand-trace I did of the bottom-side JPG scan, extrude that upward by 6mm (the fascia thickness), then select and scale down the top side button openings by 0.5mm.

(My housemate works for the company that makes these so I have access to a set of them. smile )

Of course the actual modeling of the shapes was tricky, and I was learning Blender as I went, so I kept having to roll back and redo model versions to get what I wanted, but I think I have something workable now.

The model, when finished, will be meant as a "handle-less" and "ear-less" version of the fascia, with rectangular edges, to allow others to sculpt and install remote empeg displays in more attractive ways. Here's a preview of the current shape (still in test/devlopment). Note how I've only beveled the lens holes and I haven't done any fancy sculpting around the knob yet. Also note how there are no sculpted shapes which would extend out into the areas where the handle might have been (the old fascia had swoop shapes which extended out into the handle areas).

Attachments
Capture.PNG