Current work in progress. This is my second test print. I think I need at least one more revision before making the files public.

Notes:
- It's deliberately smaller in the X direction, without the "ears", so one must carefully trim the ears off of the lens without cracking it.
- Bottom edge is deliberately "big", it extends downward so that it covers the position of the downward-pointing ribbon cable connector on the display extender. Eventually I think I might make a version of this design where it's a full-box that completely encloses the display extender instead of just being a fascia, and so I needed that clearance.
- Everything fits and all buttons work, screws fit perfectly, pretty happy with the fit overall. However...
- After all the measuring and tweaking, the left/right buttons still fall out of the fascia. I need to make the holes a bit narrower at the top still (again). I'm sure I got the measurements right, so I can only conclude that the plastic printing and sintering somehow makes plastic around the openings shrink a bit?
- I still haven't sculpted the ring around the encoder knob. That needs to be recessed a bit so that the knob isn't so buried in the ring. It works fine, it's just you can't grab the sides of the knob.
- All the buttons work well but the bottom button ended up a hair recessed: The original fascia has that area sculpted downward, so I'll want to match that on my final version.
- Maybe I'll change the upper curve a bit so it doesn't cut off the upper left corner of the display as easily? Dunno.
- The curve on the far right still gets too close to the edge, I think I'll try to rein that in a bit.
- The final version of the published files will contain a "Squared off" version like pictured, and another with rounded beveled edges at the top and bottom.

Attachments
IMG_2627.JPG (902 downloads)