There is a forum called "windowssecrets.com" that has addressed (among many other things) the Karen's Replicator problem. If you haven't been following this, after a Windows 10 upgrade in April, Karen's Replicator would no longer create destination directories, thus no new files could be backed up unless they were going to an existing directory.

Go here for the full story.

In the most recent posts Satrow (a site administraator) said:

"Yes, we're going to release a fixed version to CD customers as soon as we can get a code signing certificate. In the meantime, there is a way around the install issue and the destination directory creation issue (the symptom of which is that it takes a long time, and never replicates new files).

They're (not well) documented on the Replicator download page, https://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator page.

We do have some pretty cool ideas for new features, but this next release will just fix these gotchas rather than rewrite much.

Cheers!

Joe"

and then a forum viewers posted this:

I've done some testing and just to let everybody know, here is the work-around as provided on the powertools web site:

Preface your Source AND Destination paths with [ \\?\ ] - without the brackets.

This will result in replications, File and Folder creations and deletions being successful.

I can't wait for the new version. ;-)

and I can verify that it does indeed work. As I type this, Karen's Replicator is busily, uhhh... replicating my C:\ drive given the parameters for source and destination as:

\\?\C:\
\\?\E:\Disk1\

Of course since it is the system drive I am replicating, there are some exclusions specified, most particularly the "Windows" directory. But my D:\, E:\, and F:\ drives will shortly follow, and I will no longer be under the shadow of CrashPlan.

This pleases me.

tanstafl.