Originally Posted By: K447
There is a USB 3.0 DisplayLink chipset which is supposedly better supported (but see above).

Unfortunately this bug is across all DisplayLink devices, regardless of chipset.

Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
Can you not just roll back to 10.13.3?

That is something I am thinking about. However I'm not sure if there's an easy procedure for that. My google searches only result in information regarding how to roll back to an older "major" version rather than the small rollback I would want to do.

Originally Posted By: K447
There are also USB-C docking stations that provide for two video outputs. Typically one output is HDMI right from the dock. The second video would be via a USB-C to HDMI (or to DisplayPort) adapter, daisy chained behind the dock to feed the second display.

Since I am Mac only, I also use a CalDigit TS3 Thunderbolt 3 docking station, recently superseded by the CalDigit TS3 Plus

Thanks, I'm definitely going to investigate those docks. I initially discounted them since they only had 1 HDMI output but your hint that I could daisy chain a USB-C-to-HDMI adapter into them (something I already own) means that I could do that too.

This theoretically should allow me to switch back and forth between the PC gear and the Mac gear by tapping the "input" button on my monitor front panels. (PC Gear connected to DVI ports on monitors, Mac gear connected to HDMI ports on monitors.) Anyone see a flaw in that scheme that I might have missed? For example if the docks say that they're "USB-C" docks like those recommended ones, is there a chance that they're using DisplayLink under the hood or something? Or would a USB-C-to-HDMI adapter use DisplayLink under the hood?

Thanks, gang!