Okay, now I have a question about extending Thunderbolt 3 cabling.

I want to be able to extend the "reach" of these two devices currently hanging awkwardly off the MacBook Pro:

1. Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
2. Plugable Thunderbolt 3 HDMI Adapter

They both have very short cords, meaning that they hang off the side of the desk where the Mac is perched and there is stress on the USB ports on the Mac that way. (The other way, with them lying on the desk next to the Mac, means they get in the way on the desktop, there's not enough room for them to be livable that way).

I figured, while I'm in the process of re-doing the video wiring, I'll also get some extension cables to fix that problem. I need about 6 feet of extension to do the thing I need to do.

Well, I ordered a couple of 6ft TUSITA USB-C Extension Cables and they flat out don't work for this purpose. For power supplying through the Digital AV multiport adapter, it's a no-go, the Mac keeps going back and forth between charging and not charging every few seconds, emitting a "BONG!" sound every time it flips. And for the HDMI adapter it just flat out doesn't register a connection at all.

My next thought was "oops, the cheapass cables I bought don't say Thunderbolt on them, so I should get nicer ones instead", and looked for ones which did say Thunderbolt on them. The first ones I found were these DISDM extension cables which say "thunderbolt" but I'm very VERY leery about them because of the following text in a review:
Originally Posted By: Sirin
Not recommended if you need video transfer. I bought this cord to extend the cord of the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to my MacBook. The cord allows power and USB-A data transfer, but not HDMI. The seller did not respond to my request for assistance.

There is a similar comment in a product review for a similar cable by Dreamvasion, describing the exact same issue that I encountered.

So I'm actually not seeing any extension cables that will work for what I want. There's are multiple different certified 40gbps Thunderbolt cables in my desired length, but they won't plug into the devices I need because they're male-male. I need a female-male because the devices in question don't have a female plug, they have a male dingledangle instead of a hole. I'm afraid if I try a short fem-fem adapter to get the dingledangle to connect to the certified 40gbps cable, that I'll simply encounter the same problem after having already shelled out the extra scratch for the certified cables.

There's this Apple Insider article which seems to confirm my fears. They recommend the same groups of certified 40Gbps cables that I found above, but don't have any suggestions of extenders to hook to the dingledangles.

Anyone have any advice in this area?