I use a MacBook Pro 15 as my main computer, which for my day to day usage is plenty fast enough. 95% of the time it has an external monitor plugged into it, though unlike most people I prefer to use the MacBook keyboard and trackpad, rather than plugging an external keyboard and pointing device into it.

I'd quite like to do more video editing and my MacBook starts to show its limits when I'm working on larger projects in Final Cut. So I'd quite like a powerful, quiet desktop Mac.

The iMacs don't appeal to me, I don't want my desktop crammed into a case that can barely cope with the heat from the CPU/GPU.

At the moment I'm hanging on to see what happens with the new MacPro. It isn't that I really expect to buy one though, I expect they are far going to be more expensive than I'd be willing to pay.

I'm waiting for it more to what GPU they put in it, so I can use that GPU in whatever hackintosh I end up building wink

My MacBook Pro is three years old now, I'm really hoping that I don't break it in anyway until Apple finally get round to fixing their current MacBook keyboard woes (would be lovely if they added the SD card slot back too). I don't relish losing my USB ports though, I rely on my Logitech USB mouse dongle, as Bluetooth for input devices is still terrible after all these years frown