I assume you're using the Roamio with CableCARD? In my opinion, that's reason enough to finally leave the platform. My parents had a Tivo Bolt with 2.5" 3TB drive that died. For some reason, Tivo stores the CableCARD authorization keys on the hard drive. When you change the drive, you need to find someone at the cable company able to re-bind the card. This was so excruciatingly frustrating in 2019 with Cablevision/Optimum/Altice that I gave up. It's a situation that will only get worse as CableCARD fades further into obscurity.

I have been using IP cable television services since Playstation Vue became available, and then Youtube TV once Vue shut down. I'm very pleased with Youtube TV, and that's what I moved my parents to. I would say the only thing my father misses from Tivo is the fast multi-tuner switching. He gets around it during football season by streaming one game on YoutubeTV and the other from NFL Sunday Ticket on a separate streaming box. He then uses the TV's input switching to go from game to game.

YoutubeTV allows fast forward and reverse in 15 second increments. The timeline shows a preview similar to when you hover over the timeline in the Youtube web client. I'm very happy with the service at the current price.