I'll be curious about your experience with streaming TV service.

We cut the cord a couple years ago and haven't looked back. But we didn't replace our TV with anything. We just live with the streaming services we were already paying for. So now we're down to just internet through Fios for something crazy like $35/month for symmetric 100Mbps service which is all we need. Then we pay for standard Hulu/Netflix/HBOMax/Disney+. Like I said, we had those services before so we're only saving money.

What we ended up doing was sitting down at the kitchen table and really going over the shows we watched. Then we figured out how many were on network TV, cable TV, paid cable TV, and the streaming services we already had. It turned out that most of the shows that would be difficult to get as cord cutters were in their final seasons so we could just pay for those on itunes laugh I think the only one that's still relevant to us is Top Chef so we just pay for that one each season.

So far, I have personally never missed live TV, and my wife has missed it on occasion like during the election or Olympics. (streaming the Olympics is abysmal, btw)

The most difficult part for me was giving up my beloved Tivo. I've been a Tivo user since 2000 or 2001, and not living in that UI anymore was painful. But they had been steadily making that experience worse anyway so they made it easy for me.

Now I live entirely in the Apple TV and I'm perfectly happy with it.