Have you tried importing the XML file into Excel 2002 (the version of Excel that ships with Office XP)?

If you do, you may be pleasantly surprised in terms of how much more functional a XML document is within XL 2002 even without any XSL files as compared to a CSV file.

You are right that not many of us here can probably eat,drink and write XSL files, but then the same could well be said to apply to a proprietary Binary format that Roger could equally have knocked up in the 5 minutes he spent on the XML export feature.

I did not notice that there were CDATA sections in the XML document, which given Rogers time constraints is understandable.
However you are right for full capablilities you do need to minimise the use CDATA sections as much as you can as the information in CDATA sections is not easily broken out without custom programming.

re: Nice view of the Playlist, if you have a suggested structure of your playlists that you would like to see in IE, then I will atempt to create a XSLT that will produce the indicated web page from the XML file exported from emplode [in HTML suitable for IE].

But you will need to give me a mock up of what it is you want to see as everyones idea of a good playlist page will be different.

If there is data in the CDATA sections you want included, let me know this and I will extract the relevant bits as well.