All,

I promised that I'd update you all on progress, and after a large number of emails between myself and Dominic at CambsCar it looks like we've (he) found a way forward.

Most likely the amp (a 402 kicker) will go behind the drivers seat in the panelling under where the first aid kit is (directly on the opposite side of the car from the CD Changer), failing that it'll go in the back seats (don't ask).

There is (we think) an active interface which drives the rear two speakers, so I should only need to put in a 2 channel amp, to drive the front two. I'm probably (haven't decided yet) going to go for a sub as well (a self amplified band-pass Pioneer unit), although this is a pricy option.

Most likely an upgrade to Mark 2 is coming, especially since this is the only way I can get a red faceplate, which matches the interior lighting....

Amp will come from my other car (the original Polo) and the old stereo put back - End result girlfriend gets to drive the car with just a tape player (*wince*)..........

Anyway, going to CambsCar on 3rd June - more details after the installation.

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul Haigh, 6GB, Blue
Reg: 4120 - Serial 00254