I was pondering this the other day, and there is this intersting phenomenon that I think exists. A guy can drive a chick car around, and won't really be noticed. But if a chick is driving a guy car around, the chick *will* be noticed and gawked at. For example, if you see a chick in a Viper or even a lowered riced out car just zipping along the highway, it would be likely to cause an accident. But if a *guy* is driving a chick car, then it's like nothing out of the ordinary is occurring.

I think this is related to the phenomenon that when a woman is out on the street wearing articles of mens clothing, that is not out of the ordinary. But if a man is wearing articles of womens clothing, then the same phenomenon occurs. What's interesting is the gender roles are reversed with cars.

My theory is, clothing and fashion is considered to be in the feminine "domain" and cars, particularly guy cars, are in the masculine "domain" -- hence, with few exceptions, a chick can wear anything pretty much, and a guy can drive anything pretty much.

Comments?
Calvin