The idea is that Mark should not have to stuff any specific HTML layout into his kernel. This would get to be insane as people would have their own preferences, and Mark would need to keep maintaining, or at least hearing about, this and that suggestion to modify the look this and that way.

What this thread should focus on, is the method by which a template structure or method could/should be implemented. Mark mentioned that someone had also brought up the use of CSS.

With some type of template, Hijack could load the default page on the drive and just send it variables. What we need is a specification for the template structure/format.

I haven't sat down to think about this enough, plus I don't have the most experience working with dynamic content to be able to make a very specific suggestion.

I'd be happy to have Hijack pull the template in multiple parts if need be to simplify structure as well. Ideally it would be nice to not waste much code space in the kernel. Hopefully Mark will chime in here with some ideas for what he considers easy parameters to pass and how.

Bruno