> Real Sicilian pizza, made in Sicily, has no cheese and anchovies.

I had always heard that Italian pizza doesn't include cheese, but when you order a pizza in Italy nowadays, it definitely includes it. I didn't go as far south as Sicily, but every pizza I ordered from Venice, Florence, and Rome all had cheese. And most of the places I went had more Italians that tourists in them.

All in all I found it to be a little bit different, but not so much as to make it a new beast. The spices they used were different, and sometimes they used some cheeses that I thought were a little odd. The bread was also a little different, and they make it pretty thin. Of course the cutting is entirely up to you. The toppings they choose were quite odd. One place I went has sliced hot dogs (no lie) on their pizza.

Whatever you do, don't order pepperoni. It means peppers over there and I got burned once (almost literally) in doing so. Some would say if you want pepperoni order the spicy proscuitto (sp?) but I found it to not be even close.

I have, on occasion, found pizza in the states that was damn close though. If you go to enough Italian resteraunts you will find something that is petty similiar.