Hi.

I was just about to write down that warning about not ordering "pepperoni" pizza if you expect what is called pepperoni in the US.
If you want that sort of pizza, order a "salami" pizza.
Prosciutto is actually ham. And the traditional cheese used on pizza is mozarella.

Also, if you don't like hot (hmm, spicy) pizza, you shouldn't order a pizza "diavolo" either (my favorite, at least when eaten at my favorite pizzeria: tomatoe, ham, salami/pepperoni, mushroom and pepperoni/peppers and of course mozarella).

Anyway, almost any (good) pizzeria will comply with your wishes for toppings as long as they have the required ingredients.

On a more historical note: The first pizza was _not_ created by an italian, but by some german speaking chef (don't remember wether he was from austria or bavaria) that wanted to mimik the italian national flag to some extend, when cooking for an italian statesman. The white dough (or the mozarella cheese, depending on the historical source) , the red tomatoes and the green herbs (actually only basil and, according to some sources: parsley). So yes, todays Pizza Magheritta is the closest you get to the original pizza.

cu,
sven