I have 2 possible avenues of attack for solving the pop issue.

First idea is to mute the mixer whenever we apply the eq. This is possibly a good idea anyway - the way that the player sets the eq values is to write the 20 sections straight to the DSP registers. I don't know how the dsp is supposed to handle this - whether it is supposed to read them all synchronously and apply them in one step or whether it just starts using the new values as they are written in...I suspect the 2nd, in which case the frequency of a section gets written before the dB/Q, which means that changing eqs could lead to transients, even without the extreme Q factor that we are using in the tone controls.

The second approach would be to apply 0 tone controls and then ramp the tone controls up to the set values.

Both of these have potential issues that I'm going to have to investigate.

The issue with the first is that when modifying an eq band completely unrelated to the tone controls, we'd be muting and uumuting the mixer. This'd happen a lot - every small frequency change would do this. It might or might not be audibly noticeable.

The issue with the second is that the tone controls would take some time to ramp. Admittedly, a very short time, but again - it'd happen every time an eq was adjusted.

So I'm between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

Oh, I've just seen something else that I can try first..