Jim, you are a font of information, thanks for the help.

I tried a few different software packages, no difference. It does respond to the software correctly, even survives an 'eprom' check with talkpcr, says everything is just fine and dandy, no errors, no problems.

I can pull in way more on a cheap clock radio than I can with any big antenna I hook this thing up to. ARRRGH! Very frustrating. The guy took it back and gave me a full refund, so nothing lost. But I'm having a hard time tracking down an un-blocked version.

Guess I should just get a blocked version. Though I'd like to use it internationally and also see what's out there on the cell frequencies, it may not be worth the hassle.

Candian vendors are telling me it won't get through customs, which I seriously doubt. Not illegal to sell a cell-enabled version, just not legal to use in the US on those frequencies. AND the unblocked version gets you clipped for an extra TWO HUNDRED BUCKS! For a different eprom only?! Oh well...

Stay tuned, I'll get this working eventually. And they have a web client for it! Too good to be true, I can tune and record remotely! Boy, if I didn't have a tuner in my Empeg, this would definintely be the way to go. Spool up all my daily listening, record it in mp3 and drop it on the empeg. Who would want to listen to live radio for anyting other than traffic alerts?

Skeeter