Try $12,000 USD for the base model (30 - 50 RPM continuously variable) and $21,000 USD for the high performance mode (30 - 50 and 60 - 80 RPM). One laser tracks the outside ridge, one tracks the inside ridge, one tracks the middle, and the other two do left and right. One neat feature is that you can read the inner or the outer track separately; this comes in very useful when transcribing very old gramophone records where the whacking great stylus has been pushed around by the outer groove - the inner groove is often much clearer in these cases.

I hate to say it, though, but I have yet to see any objective, statistically significant, double-blind test that proves that vinyl is better than CD. As far as I'm concerned the CD format can record everything there is in a vinyl record and still have 12dB (or more) of headroom left over. Not that vinyl is dead - I certainly wouldn't devalue those that have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in their vinyl collection. But the argument that CD is somehow inferior seems to only be pushed by those who have big vinyl collections...

But this flame war has been done to death before...

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs.