Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74289 - 23/02/2002 05:43 Wendy is killing me.
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
My config.ini file was wack, but after fixing it (and I confirmed twice that it was fine), the player is STILL not remembering to apply the Wendy Filter after a power cycle. Here is how it is working:

1. Say I suffle the root. The player will be playing on track 10 of 9266.
2. I apply the "Music Only" filter, and after a short pause, the player continues with the same song, but this time at track 10 of 8931. (This is normal).
3. While the track is 1/2 way through, I power down the player.
4. Upon booting, the player is now 1/2 through on track 10 of 9266! But track 10 is a different song!
5. Before my config.ini fix, it would usually start at 0:00 AND the wrong song (usually a track or two earlier in the playlist than it was supposed to be at).

Also, on AC power, the player is always defaulting to the last non-full screen info mode even if the "Track" mode was manually selected prior to powering down. I think someone else has brought this one up... so it is most likely a known bug.

I always power down the player before killing the ignition. (I even put it in its case before turning off the car... to let the turbo cool ).

#74290 - 04/03/2002 21:19 Re: Wendy is killing me. [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Someone else reported this problem too.... but it seems to have gotten better? I am running HiJack 224 now and it hasn't happened in awhile (compared to happening every single time.) Maybe coincidence? Just thought I'd pass it along and maybe save someone some time.

#74291 - 04/03/2002 21:23 Re: Wendy is killing me. [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Have you tried the bugfix options in the newer versions of Hijack for fixing the INFO mode?

-ml

#74292 - 04/03/2002 22:06 Re: Wendy is killing me. [Re: mlord]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

They are enabled... but I havn't played with them too much. To be honest, my player may have been locking up without me knowing since my first b11 install.

I will play with it more. The HiJack is the only change I have made to my player and at least the Wendy stuff seems to be "better". The filters are still turning off on re-boot (I think this is a known bug) but it seems to be holding its position within a song (which it wasn't doing before - it always forgot what song it was playing.)

#74293 - 12/04/2002 09:08 Re: Wendy is killing me. [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

I must have been absent on the day that we went over "Ignore as Child". I just found that this feature is more what I want instead of a Wendy Filter.... at the very least, it may be a temporary fix for some of you.