I run a dual monitor setup with the GeForce 4 4600ti. I love the card, although I have issues with the patented heatsink/fan combo. If you're running a PCI card in slot 0 (which is where it needs to be for Win2k to use it) and your GeForce in the AGP slot, there is almost no clearance between the heatsink and the PCI card.

Now, this little patented heatsink and fan combo, with its nice little vanes, is supposed to pull and push enough air though to keep the card cool. Unfortunately, if your computer case carries a lot of heat inherently, you'll have heat problems with the card.

My system is much hotter that most users. I have a 1.8GHz Intel with a 4 disk 120GB 7200RPM RAID array along with a 120GB IDE drive for digital video work. I have a total of 20 fans in the system, albeit mostly blowing inbound over the hard drives (most of my trouble, obviously).

I'd probably blame myself for the heating problems of the card, but already there's a third-party solution including heatsinks for the memory chips and a new fan/heatsink combo for the processor. So obviously I'm not the only one suffering from problems.

*Other than that*, I had a job that required some analog capture and the card handled it wonderfully. Also came with PowerDirector which I actually use for my work editing (although I use the Pro version). The card has VGA out, DVI-I out, and S-video in AND out. Basically, you can output to whatever you want and capture analog.

Since you're looking for a new video card, have you weighed the option of buying a decent digital video camera and a $15 firewire adapter for your system? Might not be a whole lot more that upgrading the card in your system. I picked up a JVC DVL120U at Circuit City for $400 with a free case and tripod. Works better than I could have hoped for.

When it comes to capturing, digital is the only way to go. After all, you can transfer you edited video back to tape, CD or DVD with NO loss in quality. With analog, the initial transfer will be lossy no matter what you do.