True, but ALSO remember that you specifically DON'T want this to be the official forum. Probably could've been labeled better on the site (as a different post indicates).

It was mentioned on our website, admitedly only in the downloads section. We can't really put every little beta release on the front page.

When I found this bug I really was surprised that it hadn't bitten many people. When I was investigating the bug I swapped a few versions of the tool with one Mark 2 owner who could very quickly repair his Mark 1 by just moving everything out of Unattached items each time it broke.

As for us not wanting this to be an official forum, Rob and I discussed the announcement of Mark 2 beta software this week. We felt that the vast majority of current Mark 2 owners do read this BBS and therefore it was a good place to announce.

We always plan to announce using alternative mechanisms but we usually want to make sure the release is stable first. We announce it here and then wait. Unfortunately, we wait too long and think we can sort out the bugs and release a new one and then announce _that_ more widely. Hence, I can't remember the last one that was announced more widely :-)

The latest version is always available from the web site.

We intended to email all Mark 2 customers with details of the available upgrade but I didn't feel that beta11d was enough of a step forward.

However, given the extreme nature of this bug I now believe that we should have announced the new version of empegClone using email to all Mark 2 owners.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)