The whole situation was overcomplicated by me releasing just an executable for empegClone since I wanted to get it out as quickly as possible.

Since we were sending out CDs with units I had to roll empegClone into the setup program and thus created emplode-beta11d.

I decided that people would be more likely to upgrade to it if I placed that on the website instead of the empegClone executable.

I was worried that people would spend time downloading it and then discover that nothing had changed (functionally) if they had already downloaded the empegClone executable.

Whilst what I wrote makes sense to me, I probably could have put it better. It had been a long day and it was nearly tomorrow. :-)

So, John, does it now work correctly? The error reporting in empegClone is rather bad unfortunately. It does make assumptions about the presence of certain files without having the capability of creating them like emplode does. I intend to do some work on it when I get the chance to ensure that the error message for this case is much better (although it probably still won't create the files itself).

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)