I've got an AT&T t68i in the bay area, and the reception is far worse than AT&T TDMA. While outside, the coverage is pretty good, the moment you go inside the coverage drops off to nothing. Sometimes I get calls in my appartment, sometimes I don't. I bought a bluetooth headset so I could leave it by the window, but lost the headset within three days. Still haven't brought myself to replace it. The bluetooth is great however, and if I drove every day I'd definitly have a bluetooth car kit.

My real problem with the phone is that it doesn't tell you if you've got reception or not. On my nokia TDMA phone, if I had one bar, the phone would ring. It might not be clear, but I'd know if I was getting a call, and I'd get voicemail notifications. With my t68i with one bar, the phone may but probably won't ring, and voicemail notifications could take hours to arrive even after I've walked around in good reception areas. This is what will come day cause me to throw my phone accross a room and through a window, as an ex-boss of mine once did.

So, I've had issues with mine. I'm not sure if they're AT&T GSM issues, or T68i issues, however. It still is a great phone feature list wise, however, and the features do work.

Matthew