Thoughts, take 'em or leave 'em:

It DOESN'T beep at you when you turn it on with a missing video card or RAM? Seems like it should. See what BIOS type is in it (Phoenix or Award probably) and their sites will list beep codes and their meanings. But you don't get anyhing, that makes no sense!

When you say it doesn't POST, does it at least beep once? As in, it works but it's just that the video has gone dead? Either way, might try a different video card, or a PCI one or something.

All BIOS options to "failsafe"?

Your chip may work int hat other board. It will physically fit - and even though it won't run full speed, the board that the Duron is in right now may (I'd say "should") at least take the info off the chip regarding the multiplier, etc. and make something of it. Perhaps run at 100 instead of 133, or something similar. That's been my experiences anyways - a new XP chip won't go full speed but will POST.

I've owned an Abit, and I returned it, it was so flaky when I was putting that particular machine together. Traded it for a Gigabyte which worked great, immediatley. Myself - I'd never buy another Abit. My point is - it really could be the board...

Edited by tracerbullet (28/05/2003 20:35)