[->Brett]
Heres an article explaining the issues, it does mention abit boards with the nforce chipset...
Hmm. Thanks for the link. That's definitely me, though this is "Revision 2.0" of the Abit NF7-S, and I think a lot of the BIOS-related problems were fixed. That doesn't mean I'm out of the woods, though. I will give the "hold insert key" thing a shot, among other tricks I have planned this evening.

[->Bitt]
Note the date on the article. I knew about these, and I haven't purchased a computer since then, much less built one. You need to find the person that's supposed to keep you up to date on such things and give them a good talking to.
I guess I saw this coming but thought it would just affect P4 users. I guess that's what ABit means when they say it's "optional." They're probably just providing it so that people with those connectors don't feel like they forgot to connect something. <those famous last words>But I guess if it's optional, it can't hurt to have extra juice available... </those famous last words>

[->All]
Boy this is fun stuff!