not entirely sure, but i think this is coming out in 1.1. hugo mentioned something about a bookmark feature that would let you bookmark your position so that if you explore some musical tangent, you can come back to the playlist you were on before. again, not sure if this is what you were getting at, but it sounds like the answer to your wish.

Bookmarks sound like a different thing. From the posted descriptions I imagine them to work like this: while you are playing music you (somehow) remember the current playlist (whether it's a shuffle, search result or a static one) and your current position. At a later time you can continue playing the stored playlist from the stored position.

What I'm asking for only involves the static hierarchical playlists. Suppose I traverse them like this:
Sound Playlists Shuffle
\/
\/
Soul |> Alternative Blues Child Flamenco
\/
\/
|> Gipsy Kings Paco de Lucia
\/
\/

When I was in the Flamenco playlist (the yellow one) my finger slipped and I selected the triangle when I really wanted to select Paco de Lucia. Too bad, now I'm in play mode and I can't easily go back. I can either keep skipping to the next track until I go through all of the Gipsy Kings tracks or I can go back to the root of the hierarchical menus and navigate through them again. What I would like to be able to do is basically go back to the yellow playlist with a single button press, exactly where I was before I started playing it.

Hope that's clearer... By the way, the down button on the player and pushing the rotary control always seem to do the same thing. Is that a physical limitation? If not, can we have a push on the rotary control go to the last position in the hierarchical menus (may not even be in a playlist - say Sound/Equiliser)?

Borislav