That's fine, but I'm going to hold these stores to a FAR higher standard than my local Best Buy in terms of stock. Whereas Best Buy must sell what they think people will buy, balanced with the amount of display space a non-selling album takes up, online stores have to worry about signing up with certain artists or labels. We're talking iTunes without the Beatles. And just because there are obscure artists doesn't mean they have a large number of obscure artists. I'll look at their site, though. Is it possible to search their inventory without signing up?

*edit*
After a quick search, I'm not impressed. Yeah, they have obscure artists like the Young Fresh Fellows (the very first thing I searched for), but they only have the lesser-known albums, not the hits or the ones that are considered really good. The service has also never heard of Nirvana or the Beatles. However, it appears to have most of Dead Moon's albums.

All in all, their selection doesn't impress me in the least. Plus, many of the big names they claim to have either don't actually have albums on there (Smashing Pumpkins simply has a blank page), or merely a few songs on a compilation. It's quite odd.

*edit 2*
Upon further browsing of emusic, my opinion is that it's a place to go to download what they have. You name dropped some artists, and yeah, they have large selections for them on there, but you only dropped them because they were there. If you actually go searching for an artists, your success rate is about 20%

Edited by DiGNAN17 (15/09/2003 13:35)