This big problem people have with Emusic tends to be "they don't have X by Y!" And I tend to agree, it is annoying. The reason they have only a couple YFF albums (excellent choice btw) is they have deals with the labels. Mostly smaller labels that are not turned off my Emusic's complete lack of DRM. If your album of choice is either not on an Emusic label, or the label has decided not to release the album to Emusic, you won't find it.

The biggest problem I have with this whole RIAA thing is they are completely missing the point. The CD method of delivering audio content is stagnating. People now have the ability to create their own physical CDs from downloaded music tracks and are picking and choosing the music they want. The physical CD is quickly becoming irrelevant to a significant portion of the populace. Create a simple to use, non restrictive, inexpensive store front to your catalog and I guarantee you people will buy. Guarantee high quality encoding and full back catalog searching at say 50 cents a track... and the ease of use will out weigh for most people the Free part of P2P.

It happened with Video tape. Why borrow your friends tape and record it when you can grab "Monsters Inc." at the check stand for $9.99...?

The music and film industry need to deliver what the public is saying they want... or they are going to turn to other sources... in this case P2P.
THAT'S capitalism at work.