yes you should... personally, i'm using
genre
--\artist
-----\album1
-----\album2

Boy, you rock and roll junkies don't realize just how easy you have it.

Try filling your empeg with classical music and see if you can come up with such a nice, neat, elegant way of cataloguing your music.

Do you arrange the music by Composer? Then how about sub-genres that cross composer boundaries: Concerto, Symphony, Sonata, Overture, etc. Well, maybe those sub-genres under each composer, then? Now, how do I deal with the fact that any symphony is going to have four tracks, so each symphony has to be its own playlist? (OK, I know -- Beethoven's Pastoral symphony has five movements, not four, but you get the idea...) How do I name the tracks in the ID3 tags? Can't just say "Symphony #5, 3rd Movement" -- is it Beethoven's symphony, Tchaikovsky, maybe Dvorak? If I'm playing tracks in random order, there's no way to tell. Then there's all the short works that don't fall into ready categories, like a Hungarian Dance by Brahms, or a Beethoven minuet. How do I identify orchestras, conductors, soloists, composers, and sub-genres, when all I have to work with is a couple of fields called (uselessly) "Artist" and "Album".

My head hurts. I'm going to go away now. Maybe I'll just start listening to Rock and Roll instead.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"