In reply to:

Do you arrange the music by Composer? Then how about sub-genres that cross composer boundaries: Concerto, Symphony, Sonata, Overture, etc. Well, maybe those sub-genres under each composer, then? Now, how do I deal with the fact that any symphony is going to have four tracks, so each symphony has to be its own playlist? (OK, I know -- Beethoven's Pastoral symphony has five movements, not four, but you get the idea...) How do I name the tracks in the ID3 tags? Can't just say "Symphony #5, 3rd Movement" -- is it Beethoven's symphony, Tchaikovsky, maybe Dvorak? If I'm playing tracks in random order, there's no way to tell. Then there's all the short works that don't fall into ready categories, like a Hungarian Dance by Brahms, or a Beethoven minuet. How do I identify orchestras, conductors, soloists, composers, and sub-genres, when all I have to work with is a couple of fields called (uselessly) "Artist" and "Album".

I over-semplified my arrangement; actually since 50% of my music is techno, I've got a similar (although not as bad) problem; I tend to just copy the cd/playlist/song/whatever to multiple areas to compensate:)
-mark

MK2: 36gb
Tivo: 90gb
CPU: 120gb
...I think drive manufacturers love me!