I'll give MyIE2 a stab, thanks.
I've been messing with MyIE2 and it's got a lot of good points. It's got the tabbed browsing feature that made Firefox so useful to me. And it's highly configurable. Although I have to change a lot of configuration options in order to make behave the way I want it to (I think I had to change something like three options to make the tabbed browsing behave identically to Firefox), the fact that those options are there is very nice.

It just did something very troubling to me, though. I was in the middle of a session, I had opened a few tabs representing posts on this very BBS. I pressed Reply on one of the posts, got the message composition screen, and composed my reply. When I pressed "continue", the BBS told me that there was an error: Only registered users may reply. That's odd, since I was definitely positively logged in... It only gives me the option to reply and presents me with the composition screen if I'm logged in. And since it was all part of the same set of tabbed windows, I had not started a new session or anything.

When I pressed the Back button to get my composition screen back so that I could copy the text to the clipboard to paste into another reply attempt, then the BBS gave me a different error message, again saying I was not logged in.

This behavior, to me, is consistent with the hypothesis that MyIE2 somehow lost my BBS cookie in the middle of a browsing session, at a point in time between the time I pressed "Reply" and the time I submitted the reply by pressing "Continue". This does not give me a lot of confidence in MyIE2...