I don't think for a second paying income tax is patriotic. If I could get away with not paying income tax, I would. Preferably in a legal way of course.
Consider that, when avoiding paying any tax (illegally), one is not cheating the government, but those fellow citizens who do pay what the law requests them to.
It's about time that governments, at every level, start showing the fiscal responsibility and accountability that every company carries in the government's eyes and every public company carries in the eyes of its trading commission and shareholders.

When members of government have practically no accountability for their decisions, something is VERY wrong. When at least half the money I make goes to the government, you'd better believe I want to know exactly what they're spending it on. I want financial reports and paperwork posted monthly. I want to be able to go to a web page at any time and check their financial records. I am an investor after all.
I agree completely, but I don't see how this contradicts my first argument.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue