I get sick and tired of hearing about tax cuts "favoring the rich" when takes hikes hit the rich more than anyone else. The truth is that any tax change at all is going to affect the rich more than anyone else and that has to be recognized. As stated above, however, we do need to get rid of the tax code complexity that allows the rich to not pay just because their good at a shell game.
Do you not find those statements hold contradictory ideas?
takes[sic] hikes hit the rich more than anyone else. The truth is that any tax change at all is going to affect the rich more than anyone else
Yet...
tax code complexity that allows the rich to not pay just because their[sic] good at a shell game
Tax hikes attempt to hit the rich, but because of the shell games, they often don't. Then, along come the tax cuts, and who benefits from them the most? The rich folks, playing the shell games. The people in the middle, and the people on the bottom get screwed over.
Take my money for the things it truly makes sense for the government to be involved in and let mercy be a function of my choice to give. If I don't want to give then we've isolated the real problem: that a lot of people are selfish with their money and resources. I think that's an issue that needs to be resolved, but having somebody else determine what the appropriate amount of mercy I should provide is not the answer.
Tell you what, then... you prentend all your taxes go to infrastructure, and police, and the military machine, and I'll pretend all my taxes went to help feed the homeless.