I need one of you to post a log of what happens on the serial output when you run emphatic in DC mode. First try selecting "Force DC Mode" in the Hijack menu and see if you still can't run emphatic. If emphatic still works in "Force DC Mode" then I need one of you to hook up a laptop or something in your car so I can see the serial output in "real" DC mode (in the car.)

Let me ask it this way, is *anyone* other than me having zero problems running emphatic in the car?

For those who didn't get the settings in your config.ini (other than mcomb with the ext3 problem), I really don't understand why. Admittedly, DOS/Windows have no built-in "ask yes/no" command (that I know of) so I'm using a bit of a hack that involves creating a temporary file and using "del /p" to choose yes or no. But it should work, or at least it does for me. As far as the FTP script itself, I don't see any good reason why it should have failed to update your config.ini files.

Oh, and ReserveCache=64 is a really big number unless you're running other apps. I don't use any ReserveCache at all on my Mk2a, but I threw a small amount in the install script just in case someone's got a really big player database on a Mk2.