The why can be found here and the how here

EAC can be automated from the command line, and a script handles the extra work.
So at the point I have the ability to convert a stack of CDs with the press of a button, but with out definitely correct tags.

I've considered a few different ways about this, manually editing them after the fact (time consuming, error prone), Music Brainz music ID thumb printing (23% failure rate), a custom application using a different DB (time to develop & costs).

So currently I'm back to pursuing getting the tags right from the get go.
So here is what I envision:
EAC create a local database of CDs that it has seen.
The info in this local database is only as accurate as that local user (the human factor).
This database can be imported by other users into their copy of EAC and merged with their local database.
And slowly the database grows.

Like CDDB & FreeDB it depends on a community of users and their collective accuracy, and this is where I'm trying to reduce the human factor. I hoping if the empeg community would help me achieve this, if collectively the community could agree on a standard, if collectively the community could go through their CDs, query them against FreeDB and then correct the entries.

And slowly a perfected local cddb.dat file would be created, and obviously I stand to gain a lot more out of this then any other individual would, I would be getting an important asset for my business. So if the community helped me out with this then I would owe the community, and how I would return the favour to the community? I don't know, I'll let the community decide that.

If anyone can come up with another solution to this problem I'm all ears, I am currently in the process of putting my money where my mouth is and going ahead with this. How well it will fly I don't know, but I'm willing to try it out and see.

Oh, and I know that even then it would not be perfect, as Matt and Glenn have rightly pointed out [orange]the genre is not what I would have picked, all I can hope is that an agreed standard can settle some of this and at least produce better then the current option.