Yikes! Dan, your the first person I've met who does that with compilations, but I can understand the logic behind it. Espically when your playing "Hits of the '60s" and all the tracks are tagged 2004

True, the current service are based on an old standard and our expectations have changed since then. A more modern service would have a lot more data stored per CD and the ability to select from several different conventions. Conventions like "Beatles, The", merging multi-disc sets into on long CD. Although genre is a whole new ball of wax!

Bitt I do plan on making money from this, the setup will rip a stack of CDs at the press of a button, or at least try and do so.
It looks like that I will slowly over time have to build up my own cddb.dat file. ie run each CD through EAC to be identified and store the corrected info in cddb.dat, and later run them through the bulk ripper.
While this would be slower initally, at least I would be certain of having the data be to what I want, though I do like Dan's idea for multi-disc sets.

Thanks guys.