I am living in a Muslim country right now, Tunisia to be exact. They definitely don’t get the same news that I have read in the U.S. Every day I come home to a roommate that blasts Al Jazeera. Since I can only understand a little Arabic and can read even less, I don’t get the full story. But there are no shortage of people we willing to talk about what they hear, see, and read. Unless its about their own government.

Al Jazeera most certainly shows pictures and clips that you would not see in Europe, or in the state. I think there is a large population in Europe that can get Al Jazeera. While they have not shown the actual beheadings, they have shown, with sound, the whole tape with the exception of the ugly deed. There is commentary on it while it’s playing. I sit and watch with little reaction, as do most people here. I haven’t had a single person utter a word about these tapes in social atmospheres.

I don’t believe by in large the Muslim people know how to go about dealing with this. I’ll try to drag some information out of my roommate about the subject.