Quote:
Kippers

For many years, my duty as CEO has been to walk to the Bank at about 11.30 Wednesday, Pay the week's cheques in, draw enough money for the week for me and petty cash, and conduct any other business.
Then, walk to Leeds market and buy a pair of Manx* kippers for breakfast, walk from the market to the Shabab Indian restaurant, taking advantage of the £4.99, as much as you can eat, buffet and 2 pints of Cobra, chat to the odd friend and business associate that knows that that's where to find me, and return to the Office for a snooze.
Impending retirement led me to 2 conclusions:
1. It's a cheap, not a particularly good restaurant, far better to go with the wife to the Rajput in Harrogate, trumpeted as one of the best, most innovative Indian restaurants in Britain.
2. I'm not going to drive the whole way to Leeds for 2 kippers, I tried Morrisons and Sainsbury's but they weren't up to scratch.

So, I googled, and found that for £1.20, a firm in the Isle of Man would send me a pair a week. All I have to do is email them any weekend I'm away, to hold.

* The Manx kipper is grey uncoloured, but immensely more tasty than the Loch Fyne or North East, Supermarket kipper, with the rust red colouring.