Oh well, I have officially given up on Thunderbird until some bugs are fixed. Not ready for my use yet. I'd rather keep using web-based email from my powerbook for now.

Major PITA bug: option to remember last selected email (should restart on same email it was quit on) - doesn't work at all.

I had spent hours getting all my mail (about 200MB in various mailboxes) into TB and setting up some extensions and making some manual adjustments to config files (to change settings that should be in the program's prefs UI) only to find that each time i started TB no message was selected nor was a folder even selected. Don't know what happened but everything but the folder list would come up blank.

I'm done. This program is a perfect example of a good idea not implemented very well. in typical open source fashion, very poor documentation (ie. no documentation save for some online thread references and tips), inconsistent UI, settings all over the place, etc. It was designed by committee and it shows. It's miles ahead of many otheer programs and it's perfect foor two user types: the newbie (who won't change anything) and the linux hacker/system admin type who will go in and recompile it to their liking, make a million config changes directly to the setup/script files. For the advanced email user it's just not there yet. Makes for a good tech preview.

In Windows I'll stick with TheBat to hold my archives.

Bruno