Quote:
I don't miss that point, but the vocal proponents seem to not believe that. And those are the people we have a problem with.

I can abide by a scientific discussion of the failings of evolution, and they do exist, but the current vocal proponents seem to have no such interest. They specifically want to undermine evolution, or so it would seem.
Yes, and this is my frustration with the subject. If ID proponents say that evidence for God exists through science, then it'd be really cool to see this exhange of ideas delt with scientifically bewteen those on eithre side rather than trying to attack/defend evolution. If that were to take place and non-ID were able to say "we don't agree with the conclusions drawn, but the science used is solid", then it'd be worth talking about putting it into schools where students can learn what various scientists say about the subject and how science applies to it. It'd be no different than many of the other theories over which scientists disagree. Right now, though, we aren't seeing those discussions, mainly because everyone sees it as Creationists taking a new approach because they can't get pure Creationism taught in schools.