Quote:
Science tells us that we exist in one of the most ideal planets in the galaxy

Science tells us no such thing.
At least in some part I think it does. It is hard for me to imagine any life that can survive being on a planet that gets obliterated, which happens a lot more often in other areas on the galaxy. This, at least, is not being tailored to our environment but rather is either lucky or divinely purposed.

Quote:
You might be able to make a case for claiming that the process of evolution has tailored us to be ideal for the environment in which we live.
I don't think you can make this case over ID, and unless I see more evidence from ID people, I don't think they can make it over your perspective. This goes back to the puddle of water vs. microphone case analogy earlier. I just don't know how we can know whether we are sutied to our environment or vice versa.

To the thread in general: I spent a little time googeling for answers to the "how do you test ID" and came up short. I also found that a lot more of the big ID thinkers seem to be targeting evolution directly than when I was origionally informed and educated about the claims of ID (by some of these same thinkers).

I have to agree (for the moment) with the assessment that most of the ID arguments come down to "we can't explain it so it implies a designer", which I also agree falls short of science and therefore does not meet the standard of being taught in a classroom.