Quote:
The U.S.English (us) layout on my machine has a Dvorak "Layout variant" already, so you just need an easy way to switch between it and the regular layout.

I may not have been clear -- on SuSE, there is actually a Dvorak layout, which is an additional entry to the US English layout (which has its own dvorak variant). That's what's missing on the KUbuntu install.

Quote:
The KDE Control Center --> R&A --> Keyboard Layout menu has a drop-down menu for this purpose, or you could just use a one line shell script similar to SWMBO's to do it, without having to navigate all those menus.

I'll go the latter route, if necessary. I'm trying to find a way to be able to do it via point-n-click, since it's really going to be my girlfriend that needs it most of the time.

Quote:
I'm running KDE 3.5, which is newer than the stock Breezy KDE.
You also could upgrade to KDE-3.5 on Breezy, by adding this line to /etc/apt/sources.list: [...]

Ah, cool. I'll check that that's in my apt sources. I haven't gotten as far as upgrading to all the packages I really want, yet, since I got hung up with the keyboard layout thing. (The install happened overnight last night, and I only had a half-hour or so to play with it this morning before work.)