Quote:
Quote:
I only recommend Kubuntu and/or Ubuntu these days. Head and shoulders above most of the crud.

So... I installed Kubuntu (5.10 -- I think that's Breezy Badger) last night.

*sigh*

I hate it already.

Bump.

Well, I got rid of Kubuntu in favour of SuSE 10.0. The install was very nice, but I discovered that a) it had the same issue with the keyboard layouts, and b) it didn't support the suspend/hibernate/standby features on this particular laptop (along with some other features) as well as Kubuntu did. It did, however, configure my pcmcia wireless card during the install, which Kubuntu didn't do.

The not-quite-as-good power features made me go back to Kubuntu. During the install, I got it to configure the wireless card (by the same trick I got SuSE to recognize it), this time. Between that, and figuring out the keyboard thing (use canadian for qwerty, US dvorak for... well... dvorak), and I'm much happier with Kubuntu. It's not quite as fancy, but that's fine.

The only thing I still wish I could adjust (and SuSE didn't provide it, either), is the sensitivity of the touchpad -- it's too sensitive for my taste, and I keep "clicking" by accident. Sometimes, it seems like the thing has a proximity sensor.

Cheers,