Apart from not being much of a "vacuum," they fixed what was otherwise problem number one: Auto recharging. But now the biggest problem is auto-unloading of the crap it picks up. Since the Roomba is pretty much a brusher I've read nothing but complaints about dumping and cleaning it.

I'd love a Dyson central vacuum (they don't make them) with a Roomba-type bot that self-charges and unloads its waste at a dock/inlet for the central system. Now THAT would be maintenance upkeep. 3 times per week with the current Rooomba means you're picking it up and emptying it out 3 times per week. I can't imagine that's a pleasant thing to do. Emptying out a dust-buster usually gets me considering chucking the whole thing any time I do it.

Of course I'd also have to keep the place a lot neater for something like the Roomba to navigate properly. As well as having at least 2 of them if I didn't want to keep moving a single one up and down the stairs on different days.

So for now it's just a Dyson DC11 for the most part. I've also got an unbearably big shop vac and that annoying dustbuster.

Bruno