I ordered my own Roomba last week. I just got it off ebay since Amazon now only has it for $199 before rebate. I paid a bit less.

The main reason I got it was to clean my office. I keep a lot of computer equipment in here, so it has to be locked when I'm not around, which means that the cleaning crew doesn't get a chance to get at it. As a result my office hasn't been vacuumed in over a year, which is pretty nasty. There's so much dust in here that it gets kicked up and I can feel it on my fingers, and I must look like I have OCD because I wash my hands nearly 15 times a day.

Well, after one run by the Roomba, I'm not getting that feeling anymore. It's funny, I didn't think the little guy was doing much, because a lot of little bits weren't getting picked up. I saw it go over one of those little pieces you get from a hole puncher, and two feet later it dropped it on the ground. Well, after the Roomba was done I emptied everything, and the filter was completely clogged. It was just caked with dust and other crap, so I'm sure it was just having a hard time sucking enough to air to get bigger stuff.

I'm going to run it again in a few minutes. I love this thing! Now I want a Scooba!