Quote:
To appear as a featured player in a major motion picture? And be made fun of to millions of people without your knowledge?

Well... "featured player"? I dunno.

I can see why people would be upset about the way they were portrayed in the movie. To be honest though, let's look at some examples - the guy that strapped a dildo on his amputated arm - what did he think would come of that? The old woman who wore fake teets? The families that allowed farm animals in their homes? They don't sound too smart if they thought they weren't going to made fun of... What did they think? Also, the article that I read about the folks in Romania that were upset mentioned that many of the people there were happy to be included...

When they look at the income that the film has made, they want to get more. I don't really have much sympathy for them.

The producers of "Da Ali G Show" and the "Borat" movie had to deceive people in order to get their interviews. Pat Robertson, for example, wouldn't have agreed to do an interview with a guy that was going to further expose him for being an idiot.

The genius of Borat, I think, is that people think he's an idiot and they expose THEMSELVES as what they are - most of the people featured are truly bigots, racists, ignoramuses, anti-Semites, etc. etc. etc. If he tells everyone that he is about to punk them, they wouldn't participate.

- Jon